Western Federation of Watercolor Societies Exhibition
46th Western Federation of
Watercolor Societies Exhibition
The 2021 Exhibition will be held in West Valley City, Utah, from May 6, 2021 to June 23, 2021 at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center.
Juror for this exhibition will be award-winning artist, Sarah Yeoman.
All entries and the Prospectus to this exhibition will be done ONLY through ArtCall at https://wfws46exhibition.artcall.org/
Specific instructions on how to use ArtCall and how to enter your art into this exhibition can be found at https://utahwatercolor.org/2019/01/27/artcall-entry-instructions/
If you run into difficulty in entering your art through this platform, please contact either Ann Galt (email@example.com, 801-664-2975) OR Barbara Kidd (firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-502-7707). Your delegate and alternate, David Amsellem and Tanya Lemma, will take training on ArtCall entry procedures. Additional information may be found in the Exhibition Prospectus; click on the link – HERE –
Given the new entry platform which we will need to master, please ENTER EARLY. Do NOT wait until last minute!
In addition to the instructions provided within the prospectus, we have these extra tips for first time users of the ArtCall platform:
- The ArtCall system requires that you register for an account and pay for your entries in advance.
- Be sure to write down your ArtCall password. You will need to log into the system to make any changes to your entries, to check to see if you had a painting accepted into the show, and to print the label.
- Although you can edit a painting’s information until the call for entries closes on January 10th, we suggest that you have all of the information you’ll need ready in advance – for instance, your society name (SDWS), artwork title, medium, desired price, image size, HxW (inches), and matt size with minimum 3.5” margins. Since the maximum matt/frame size is 30”x38”, the maximum image size with 3.5” margins is 23”x31.”
- If you need to change or add information to your entry, go to your account “dashboard page” and click the EDIT button. DO NOT use the click on the LARGE garbage can located on the far right of the entry; that will delete the entry and will not refund your payment.
- If you must pay by check rather than credit card, arrangements must be made well in advance of the close of entry. Please contact your WFWS delegate.
Please note – If you have any difficulties using ArtCall, contact your WFWS Alternate Delegate, Tanya Lemma at (253)222-1432 / email@example.com or Delegate, David Amsellem (480)216-3938 / firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you with your entry.
The Western Federation of Watercolor Societies (WFWS) was formed in 1976 by the New Mexico Watercolor Society and included nine other watercolor societies. The purpose was to make a large and prestigious watercolor exhibition available at low cost to members for small and often isolated watercolor groups.
Visit the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies’ website at wfws.org for more information.
Today, the WFWS includes over 5,000 artists in ten regional watercolor societies and guilds. The WFWS encourages and recognizes artistic excellence and works to increase visibility of watercolor as an artistic medium through our annual juried exhibitions. The exhibitions are sponsored by WFWS and hosted by a regional member society. Delegates meet annually (usually at the current show) to conduct general business and discuss the next year’s plans. Each society hosts the show on a rotating basis.